Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Facts of LIFE...REAL LIFE...

Similar gun to the one that was used by the man who tried to kidnap me in July of 1991.....



Now most people that really KNOW ME WELL know that I came from the hood straight out of North East Washington DC. I lived there for 11 years....1982-1993 on North Capitol Street to be exact. I lived in a rooming house with a bunch of other people NON BLOOD RELATED but we were all pretty close over the years and became LIKE family. Where I lived there were PLENTY of hustlers, goons, gangstas whatever you want to call them and they too were like family to me, my mom and my older brother. They were hood niggas forreal gun toting, drug dealing, thugged out dudes. Although they did those things they NEVER EVER tried ANYTHING to hurt me and my family. They were always HELPFUL & RESPECTFUL to me, my brother and my mom. If they were out on the block on or their porch and saw me walking to or from school, or to the carryout or save more market alone they would ALWAYS make sure I got there SAFELY. I respect them because they watched out for the neighborhood kids such as myself and my big brother. I really respected them because they saw the potential my brother and I had and they WANTED us to make it out of the hood so they NEVER encouraged us to sell drugs....instead...they ALWAYS told us to go to school and if we got good report cards they bought us stuff or gave us money. Because they respected my mom so much they NEVER gave us money or things that came from selling drugs but it came from their hard earned money from their JOBS. Yes these hustlers, goons gangsta's had JOBS too. In no way am I depicting these guys to be the type to run from a gun fight or were weak. Not even! Its been plenty of nights gun shots went off and bullets flew through windows because of other hoods comin through starting shyt in the alley's behind my crib. The one thing I can honestly say about these guys is that they did teach me & my brother some things about the streets and how to be safe and what drugs are and why we should NEVER EVER touch them. It was because they didnt want us to be and live like them.....they wanted us to be BETTER than them even though they had real jobs too. See these guys KNEW that selling dope was hurting the people in their community but what could they do about another persons CHOICE to get high? I know I know what yall are thinkin "dont sell drugs" but hell who am I /we to judge? Anyhow, These men are examples of not being perfect human beings BUT they did have some kind of limitations on what they were doing and they never physically harmed any innocent or defenseless person by robbing, killing, beating, assaulting ect. HOWEVER....they were NOT to be f*cked with. They operated on the principle "dont start nothin it wont be nothin." This meant you bring drama and bull shyt to us and we WILL do YOU in. I can vouch for times when a crack head tried to get over and they beat that ass or some random dumb n*ggas from other hoods came testin the waters in my hood and they got their heads caved. I have often seen deals go down or go bad as a kid but it never phased me because I knew my family and I were safe. I also knew NEVER to snitch about what I had seen or even heard in my neighborhood....snitching lead to very serious consequences for folks. Because I had been taught about snitching I NEVER became one which leads to the NEXT piece of my background.....

So by the time I was 7 I was extremely street smart having learned so much from my older brother, my mom and the neighborhood in general. I walked around as I pleased to school, the play ground, the stores, etc and didnt too much have to worry about people doing anything to me because everyone looked out for me as a kid but I still had a watchful eye as I was taught. By the time I was 9 some folks made it out the hood, some didnt (RIP), and I still had plenty of knowledge of how to handle situations if necessary. One day my mom sent me to the corner store to get a soda. Earlier that day a lady who was a drug addict came and stopped by to say hello to my neighbor and my mom. When my mom sent me to the store that day the lady who stopped by had been long gone to wherever it is that she goes to do her business. I get less than half a block away from my house and some guy pulls up in a black BMW at the intersection of North Capitol & Randolph drunk as hell all up on the curb and shyt right in front of me rolled down his window and pulls his silver barreled hand gun out and points it at me. He then asks " Where's Ya****e at?" and I respond "I dont know...havent seen her since earlier." His bitch ass says "Get in the car!" and Im not gonna lie I was scared SHYTLESS because thats the first time that ever happened to me and mind you it was broad daylight and I was only 9 YEARS OLD. He was such a sucka ass n*gga for that! Ugghhh! So as he reached to open his door (I guess he was gonna try and snatch me) but by the grace of GOD I was too quick for him I turned my back and hauled ASS running in a zig zag all the way to my house incase that dude started shooting. Once I got to my house I told my mom what just happened and why I didnt come back with her soda and she went BROOKLYN style crazy! LMAO My mom went outside no shoes a steel pole and a knife she called a "ni&&a sticka" and was ready for war...LOL!!!! By that time the guy was long gone but I'm glad I had the opportunity to learn what I learned from the people in my neighborhood, my mom and big brother. I wasnt bothering nobody, I was minding my damn business and almost became a kidnap/murder victim at the age of 9. This is what I mean about stupid muthaf*ckas with guns that do senseless shyt to people who are harmless and innocent. I wish more victims could have been as fortunate as myself. Such is life and it shouldnt be this way but it is and we have to better prepare and protect ourselves and our loved ones. Not every hustler, drug dealer, goon is a totally bad person. But there are some straight FOOLS out here who are mental and let things like jealousy, envy, hatred take over their life and cloud their vision and judgement so they go around killing/harming innocent people. Lets just be more aware in these streets. Its real out there.





~BTJM (ButThatsJustMe)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take on it?