Friday, March 27, 2009

Diddy's preference....DARK or LIGHT? WOW!


Ok...so I am a light skinned Puertorican /African American female. Lord knows I absolutely adore Diddy and love his keen business sense, taste in fashion, and his music projects are phenomenal! So I heard through a *grape-vine* that good ol' Diddy seems to have a *thing* for light-skinned women...mostly white, hispanic, and light complected African American women. He recently put out an ad or casting call for light skinned female promoters for his "Ciroc" ad campaign in which he recieves 50% of the Ciroc profits. Now check it...he's making it abundantly CLEAR that he ONLY WANTS light skin women to apply. I'm thinking to myself "what's wrong with dark skinned women?" I'm stuck between a rock and a hardplace on this one. Should I be flattered that he loves light skinned women or should I be offended that he is in some way *seemingly* betraying his own kind?
Last time I checked Diddy was a dark skinned African American man....one of the beautifullest kinds of men on this earth. I guess my question is why would he separate women like that based on skin complexion? This could be viewed 2 ways: 1. He has a preference for light skinned women and that is his right. Just like anyone else in the world we have our preferences in kinds of people we like or are attracted to and thats what makes us unique. OR 2. He's going by what would sell the product *Ciroc* better....now of course everyone knows SEX SELLS....but the million dollar question is: What would make Diddy think that light skinned women would sell products better than a dark skinned women? Studies or statistics (I'd like to see those)? Has it occured to Diddy that *HE* is dark skinned and he makes outstanding sales? Is it a legitmate business move or just his right to preference? Just a thought....
Me personally....I'd like to believe it's one of those *yup Diddy does it again* business moves. He's an intelligent man...so we'll need to see where he goes with this one...I for one know that if it turns out to be something along the lines of he just doesn't like DARK women or think they are good enough...he's getting boycotted ASAP! The other thing I noticed is that he wants these light skinned women to be size 7 and under and atleast 5'6" or taller. I am not a size 7...but I am 5'9"....why all the discrimination? Haven't we faced enough of it AND we are in a horrific recession? Diddy people NEED jobs out here....
I for one know a few women that are highly attractive....DARK SKINNED....size 7+ and 5'6"+ that will bust their behinds for a gig like this (Ciroc pays $35 an hour) (one of them is currently a Heinekin Honey...and she does the damn thing with her gorgeous self!)...I also know some women that are size 12+ that are absolutely beautiful and work extra hard to get a job done *surpassing* satisfaction and can sell lighters in hell on a hot summer day in August...So I guess I'm saying Diddy "what are you REALLY trying to say?" What example are you setting for your children? or children period? What messege are you sending out to WOMEN in general? Things that make you go hmmm?


~BTJM (ButThatsJustMe)

1 comment:

  1. Luckily, this whole thing is fake. Ciroc/the ad company/puff all confirmed they have nothing to do with it. I think he adds a lot of diversity to his ads, too, what about you??

    ReplyDelete

What's your take on it?