Friday, March 6, 2009

Chris Brown/Rihanna aka Ike and Tina: Til the next episode!

I have been reading up on this whole Chris Brown and Rihanna aka Ike and Tina situation for the last few weeks. I can say that I honestly feel for the both of them and I too have been in their shoes. Well Rihanna's shoes. HOWEVER, I was not about to go back to an abuser...matter of fact the first time my ex hit me I was out the door. Turns out he was a looney tune and kept coming after me. With this said and how Rihanna's family have spoken up about their disagreement with her choice to return to Chris, it seems as though Rihanna was raised to know her worth and that she deserves better. She has the world in her hands and more money than many of us will EVER see in a life time. So why go back to someone who's beating the dog sh*t out of you? To me it seems as though Chris has some kind of control issue and mind you he is still a child and he's displaying child like behaviors. Temper tantrums all because he got caught being sneaky (like a kid with his hand in the cookies) and wanted to have his way. I will not sit here though and say that I was not a Chris Brown fan...as I did love his work! But I find it rather difficult now to buy, burn, download...(whatever method of obtaining his music at the time...lol) because everything he sings about is now a lie while he's beating on women but singing like he's a woman lover. He may very well love Rihanna and other women but how could anyone want to hurt someone they supposedly love? This incident is to me like a modern day Ike and Tina Turner episode..."eat the damn cake Anna Mae"...and..."you think my music sound the same"...and "it's alright...he just been under a lot of pressure with the writing and recording and touring". I recently posted 2 dialogues on my facebook page of how I thought the situation went between Chris and Rihanna. It looks like the first one I posted was the correct version. (I will post them on here so stay tuned for that). I think as this situation grows in details I am feeling less sympathy for Rihanna because of her decision to take him back. I know she probably feels like she can save Chris but HONESTLY...that man (and I use the term loosely) has to want to be saved and he has to save HIMSELF meaning he has to WANT to change. No matter what she may have done to cause the fight *IF* she did anything at all he should have walked away...beating her to that extent is inexcusable on so many levels and speaks VOLUMES about his character. Chris has some control issues that he needs to address because I can garentee on everything I own that he would not have hit a man like that. Now that all that is said...even though I don't personally agree with Rihanna's decision to go back to Chris or either of them being in eachother lives for that matter I do wish them the best and hope for a better outcome of this MESS that they have stumbled on. But God help Rihanna because like I said I too have been there and have seen this same story before with people that I know and people I dont know and the situation NEVER gets better. Always worse! But I'm hoping for the best...for BOTH of them. Chris should NOT be able to just walk away from this untouched. I mean not just a slap on the wrist. I mean atleast 6 months to a year. If T.I., Michael Vick and Mystikal can go to jail then so can Chris Brown. I can almost bet everything that there will be a NEXT time...BUT hopefully not.


~BTJM (ButThatsJustMe)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your take on it?